Sunday, July 20, 2008

Insomnia

OK - I apparently have a severe case of insomnia tonight, so I thought I would at least be productive. I started work this last week at Micron. There are about 8,000 employees there. For all of you that aren't sure, Micron makes computer components and such. I work in HR Operations. Work went really well this week, but I was really wiped out by today (Saturday). I had a couple of weeks off and I wasn't used to getting up at 6:00 in the morning any more. I didn't even get up that early at my last job. The drive there should only take about 25 min, but I leave so early because of all the crazy people out here. I joke about that because any where else, crazy means fast driving and cutting in front of people. But around here it means just the opposite. I was totally floored when I realized that no one goes the speed limit here. It is usually UNDER the limit. People are so laid back and on there own time frame. I leave 10-15 min early for work just to accommodate the "slow" people. In Dayton, I probably would have been shot or run off the road for driving the way everyone else drives here. It isn't necessarily bad, just takes a little getting used to.
Anyway, Will went white water rafting today. The church we have been going to had a rafting trip, and they asked Will if he wanted to go along. (It was a men's trip) He said that he had a really good time. I think that he is going to be going to some of the men's meetings. I think it is a great idea. I have yet to get hooked up with the women's group, but I am sure that I will be joining in soon enough.
Along with insomnia, I am having a Really bad case of the "missing Rygh" blues. I haven't seen him in a month, and it will be another before he comes home. I know that he is having a great time with his dad and doing fun things, but I miss him terribly. I have been trying to give him his space, by not calling too much and such. This is his time, not mine. It is a real test of faith for me. Talking about faith, I was laying it all out to God today when I realized that it is possible that God might feel the same way that I do when we choose to be away from Him. I agonize over what Rygh might be doing or saying, or if he is making the right decisions and such. I so long to be there to help him, but I can't. I think that is what God feels like when we take our lives out of his hands and want to do things ourselves. He longs to be there and help us if only we would let him. So through this I am learning a little more.
I think that I will see if I can get any sleep. God bless and take care of yourselves.

Scripture of the Day:
1 Peter 2:3-5
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, soil or fade - kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

2 comments:

A new purpose said...

Hey Lissa! enjoying your blog - and yes... I found the same thing when I was driving in Spokane as well - it is the most polite place to drive in! it seems that they realize that 65 is the MAX you should be driving - not the launching point! overall, I found it very stress releiving to drive there -

Brenda and Jason said...

keep m comming! love to see what yer up to!
:)